top of page

Student Group

Public·485 members

SAMURAI WARRIORS 5

Of course that action is the beating heart of the entire endeavour, and with regards to the changes and additions that Koei Tecmo has made to the standard Musou template, Samurai Warriors 5 feels like a real winner. This is still very much a traditional Musou game, and you'll still spend the vast majority of your time hacking through impossibly large hordes of - let's face it - braindead enemies, but what has been added elevates the entire experience over what's come before in this samurai spin-off series.

SAMURAI WARRIORS 5

Afraid to say, the demo totally turned me off this game. The art style seemed bland, animations pedestrian and uninteresting level layouts. Expected a 5 tbh.I have played a few warrriors games and this seemed like a poorer entry. I enjoyed Warriors Orochi 3 hyper and Hyrule. Fire emblem was dull, Fist of the north star 2 was one of the worst games made, gundam was dull. There was a cracking Capcom one on Wii though, Sengoku Basara. Made Samurai warriors 3 look like a part time student project.

This is a horrible game, if the demo is at all representative. It ran bad in handheld & the game play is certainly not fun for me, so I'm glad i never tried to get into these types of games, since the ps2 at least. Back then there weren't as many options if you wanted a samurai themed game, i guess is what made it tolerable.

Samurai Warriors 5 is a reboot of the series and takes on a less is more approach. Instead of the 55 playable characters in the previous installment, the number has dropped significantly to only 27, which is still a respectably-sized roster. The story is more focused as well, instead of offering a series of several battles for each character like previous entries, Samurai Warriors 5 decided to dissect the story of two of the well-known warriors in the franchise: Nobunaga Oda and Mitsuhide Akechi.

Suiting up and getting to play as a samurai is probably one of the most influential power fantasies in all of video games. Sure, there are several award-winning games out there that let you be a fictional character in a historical setting, but what about getting to be one of the actual, historical, legendary samurai and slashing away entire armies, all while revolving around a dramatic shonen rivalry?

Samurai Warriors 5 takes the player back into the world of warring kingdoms, allowing them to participate in massive battles between whole armies of the elite Japanese warriors. Developed by Omega Force, SW 5 is the fifth installment of the series and encompasses the events leading to the death of Oda Nobunaga. The massive skirmishes featuring devastating charges and skills capable of turning the tide of the battle are prominent gameplay features of Samurai Warriors 5.

The traditional Japanese warriors lived by the simplest of codes - honor and respect in all aspects of life, including battle, as well as choosing death over the shame of surrender. Samurai Warriors 5 captures the spirit of that code, offering the player a chance to live the battle lives of the samurai lords, leading their army with only victory or death in mind. The game honors the strength of the samurai spirit with Ultimate Skills, which can bolster various aspects of the gameplay - from dealing devastating damage to increasing the special attack gauge.

Samurai Warriors 5 features 27 warriors, inspired by the characters from the history of the Sengoku period. The most prominent samurai the player will be able to control are young Oda Nobunaga and Akechi Mitsuhide, but the game features various other military leaders of that period, such as Takeda Shingen, Tokugawa Ieyasu, and Mori Motonari. New characters include the legendary black samurai Yasuke, a beautiful warrior Sena, and Mitsuki, a cheerful kunoichi.

Some scenarios are Alternate History tales, such as Nobunaga surviving Honnoji and uniting Japan, or Hideyoshi faking his death in 1598 and appearing at Sekigahara (both examples are their respective hidden "Dream Stage" battle). Other "Dream Stages" are just for fun, like Tadakatsu taking on all worthy warriors in a champion's tournament or Nohime and Oichi's beauty contest battle (made even funnier if played with the SW2: Xtreme Legends expansion).

The game follows the story of Oda Nobunaga, a brash young daimyo (feudal lord) who rose from relative obscurity, and, against all odds, subjugated powerful rivals to eventually rule almost all of Japan. Being a big fan of Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada, which focuses on the exploits of another famous clan of samurai at the very end of the Sengoku period, I was eager to see how this new volume stacked up against my earlier (and first) introduction to the game franchise. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page